ENG202 Poetry Writing I
Lead Faculty: Dr John J. Miller
An introductory level poetry workshop. Students will compose their own original poems and study the basics of the craft of poetry along with a general historical overview of the history of poetry and its developments. This course is designed to give students a basis for future personal creative work.
- Describe various forms of poetry.
- Analyze formal elements of poems.
- Apply processes of poetic invention and revision in their own creative work.
- Critique formal aspects of poetry in their own poems.
- Critique the creative work of their peers.
- Reflect critically on their own work and writing strategies in order to apply them to future personal creative work.