ENG202 Poetry Writing I
Lead Faculty: Dr. John J. Miller
Course DescriptionAn introductory level poetry workshop. Students will compose their own original poems and study the basics of the craft of poetry along with a general historical overview of the history of poetry and its developments. This course is designed to give students a basis for future personal creative work.
- Describe various forms of poetry.
- Analyze formal elements of poems.
- Apply processes of poetic invention and revision in their own creative work.
- Critique formal aspects of poetry in their own poems.
- Critique the creative work of their peers.
- andlt;emandgt;andlt;span style=andquot;font-family:andapos;Calibriandapos;,andapos;sans-serifandapos;;font-size:11pt;font-style:normal;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:andapos;Times New Romanandapos;;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:Helvetica;mso-bidi-font-style:italic;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;andquot;andgt;Reflect critically on their own work and writing strategies in order to apply them to future personal creative work.andlt;/emandgt;