ENG201 Fiction Writing I
Lead Faculty: Dr. John J. Miller
Course DescriptionAn introductory course in writing short fiction. Students will focus on the basic elements of fiction writing and write their own original work. Students will also analyze published work and discuss each other's writing in a traditional workshop format.
- Identify the basic elements of a short story.
- Analyze works of short fiction.
- Draft, develop, and revise a short story.
- Critique the work of other students.
- Reflect critically on their own work and writing strategies.