ENG101 Effective College English II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Scott McClintock
The second of a two-course sequence designed to provide incoming students with expository and argumentative writing skills.
- Write clear, persuasive essays on a focused topic.
- Develop the practice of structuring research materials and drafts through organizational devices such as outlining, listing, and clustering.
- Develop researched essays with supportive evidence (facts, statistics, authoritative opinion, and personal argument).
- Write clear and concise thesis statements, topic sentences, introductions and conclusions for persuasive essays.
- Refine effective revising and editing strategies for use in revising one's own work and the work of peers.