Lead Faculty: Dr. Sara Kelly
Exploration of theories of persuasion that guide the preparation of messages intended to influence others. Focuses on use of persuasion techniques to
develop decisions about creative and production implementation. Uses case studies to analyze persuasive messages in contemporary media and to compare techniques used in alternative media platforms.
- Evaluate the alternative ways that different theories of persuasion articulate the relationships between persuasion, attitudes and actions.
- Assess the application and utility of models of persuasion in specific situations.
- Apply persuasion theories and research to the development of communications and messages.
- Plan the creation and production of content for a communications program.
- Formulate plan to produce written text and A/V material for placement on a multi-page Web site.