COM620 Crisis Communications
Provides learners with principles and procedures for handling multiple stakeholders and publics under crisis conditions. Offers training to deal with media
in less-than-optimal situations, when they may be faced with indifference or even hostility. Looks at case studies of strategies and tactics of organizations that have dealt with crises.
- Evaluate the different types of crises situations.
- Identify a specific organization, evaluate the potential risks and estimate the likelihood of specific crises that could affect that organization.
- Prepare Crisis Communications Plans and Procedures for the organization.
- Design a program for the organization to initiate and participate in public-private and other partnerships where there are multiple players, in the event of a crisis.
- Generate guidelines for the organization to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with the press before, during, and after crises.