COM605 Content Distribution
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sara Kelly
Examines how organizations use different media channels, mass media, social media (blogs, social networks), personal media (cell phones, PDAs), and direct media (mail, email, telemarketing) to disseminate messages. Covers selection of specific media to distribute messages, including costs, processes, content management, formatting, and mass personalization of messages.
- Identify and interpret theoretical and practical approaches to utilizing media channels.
- Describe the message characteristics, audiences, access, and costs of communication channels.
- Identify differences in audience media consumption across channels.
- Assess the effectiveness of media channels in alternative communication situations.
- Formulate a media plan to disseminate strategic communication program messages and content.