COM600 Comm in Global Environment
Course DescriptionExplores theory and practice of interpersonal communication in the workplace, focusing on the ability to communicate with others in professional interactions. Covers the development of interpersonal and professional relationships between people with different characteristics and backgrounds to provide learners with tools for encoding and decoding verbal, nonverbal, and mediated messages.
- Identify interpersonal and intercultural communication situations.
- Interpret others' communication behaviors and shape their own messages to reach work-related goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate an intellectual framework (such as cultural patterns and verbal/nonverbal codes) that allows for description and analysis of other cultures and assists in the promotion of understanding between disparate cultures.
- Facilitate team collaboration sessions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of alternative strategies for communicating in a variety of interpersonal and intercultural interactions in the workplace.