COM444 Issues in Communication
Lead Faculty: Mr. Louis E. Rumpf
Course examines the rhetoric and communication systems associated with current issues in communication. Analyzes the contextual, rhetorical, and communication systems that make an issue salient and contribute to its impact on society. Explores implications of technological changes on social, political, technological, economic, and global systems.
- Interpret research and writing on communication issues.
- Identify critical issues facing communication professionals.
- Conduct original research into communication problems.
- Formulate plans for managing issues in professional communication.
- Evaluate approaches to mitigating communication challenges.