COM421A Public Relations Campaigns
Lead Faculty: Dr. Joan-Marie Van Tassel
Course DescriptionTeaches the creation and production of public relations campaign materials across media platforms. Covers all forms of public relations materials, including news releases, public service announcements, media alerts, newsletters, backgrounders, brochures, audio, video, and interactive content.
- Apply ethics to the practice of public relations.
- Apply writing and production skills to the process of crafting and delivering public relations messages.
- Distinguish between the different audiences to which public relations writing is addressed, and tailor messages to each audience.
- Apply critical thinking skills to public relations situations.
- Create effective story pitches and news releases.
- Model the public relations campaign process.