COM420A Public Relations Strategies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Joan-Marie Van Tassel
Course DescriptionIntroduces the principles and strategies used by PR practitioners to plan and implement communication campaigns. Provides training in how to identify and reach audiences and to develop campaign plans in traditional and digital media.
- Understand the purpose of the public relations function and its place in an organization's structure.
- Compare major organizational communication theories as they relate to public relations.
- Apply critical thinking skills to public relations situations.
- Analyze the components of an effective public relations plan and campaign.
- Formulate effective communication strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Apply audience research to develop effective messaging strategies to specific target audiences.
- Analyze effective crisis preparation and communication techniques.
- Create a complete public relations campaign plan.