COM411A Advertising Campaigns
Lead Faculty: Dr. Joan-Marie Van Tassel
Students create and present a complete advertising campaign and produce materials for multiple media platforms including print, broadcast, and digital media for interactive and Web 2.0 platforms. Provides hands-on experience presenting a creative plan to an interested audience, similar to working with clients.
- Create concepts for a brand, based on multiple approaches.
- Apply uses of ad elements, including headlines, preheadline, subheadlines and body copy.
- Apply the andquot;Creative Tree, andquot; including stemming features and benefits to all forms of headlines and taglines.
- Apply design concepts to create layouts, placing headlines, subheadlines, preheadlines, taglines and body copy.
- Integrate best practices for developing print advertising, out of home advertising and direct advertising/marketing into creative projects.
- Produce concepts, design, and copy for billboard advertisement and full graphic email.
- Apply best practices to create radio advertising script and television advertising storyboard.