COM410A Advertising Strategies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Joan-Marie Van Tassel
Course DescriptionPresents strategies for the successful development of integrated advertising messages. Focuses on creative copywriting and art direction, and on analyzing clients, products, and audiences. Considers the challenges and rewards provided by advertising campaigns directed to increasingly diverse consumers and markets.
- Develop an understanding of the core advertising roles and responsibilities, including copy, art, and client management/planning.
- Choose a popular brand or product of interest for analysis.
- Understand the concept of andquot;positioning,andquot; and explain the brand/productandapos;s current position.
- Analyze a brand/product through the framework of the andamp;#8220;copy platform.andamp;#8221;
- Extend the copy platform process into a andamp;#8220;creative briefandamp;#8221; for the brand/product under study.
- Understand and analyze the dynamic marketplace of consumers in terms of gender, ethnicities, and lifestyles.
- Integrate and organize project content and research into a structured advertising andamp;#8220;campaignandamp;#8221; including the key components of: advertising, promotion, public relations, Internet marketing, social media, direct, and mobile Mmrketing.