COM394 Strategic Writing
Teaches strategic writing and presentation for traditional and new media platforms. Provides students practice in creating content that meets organizational objectives, and in applying communication theory and persuasion techniques. Learners develop content for advertising, PR, and corporate communications.
- Create written content at the near-professional or professional level.
- Apply ideas in a purposeful and cohesive way.
- Apply nonverbal and verbal communication effectively in developing content.
- Understand the needs of audiences, and tailor presentations to audience needs.
- Develop convincing arguments through reason and research.
- Apply research, organizational goals, and writing skills to the preparation of written content.
- Present written work effectively.