COM385 Interactive Storytelling
Lead Faculty: Dr. Joan-Marie Van Tassel
Introduces the evolution of storytelling, from oral delivery to written and interactive texts, and transmedia publication. Examines the effects of this evolution on storytellers and participants. Offers hands-on creation of online identities and texts.
- Compare contemporary interactive storytelling via digital media with earlier forms of both interactive and linear storytelling.
- Analyze and compare existing interactive stories.
- Analyze alternative media in terms of their affordances for storytelling.
- Analyze the elements of stories, including characters, plot, flow, and context.
- Create interactive stories using multiple digital media platforms.
- Design and create a website and social media pages, integrating text, images, links, and visual aesthetics.