COM364 Communication Technologies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Joan-Marie Van Tassel
Course DescriptionExamines communication technologies and their effects on society. Looks at the history of such systems: how they emerged, diffused, and evolved. Covers current systems, with an emphasis on how the Internet and other new platforms are changing media, education, business, and politics around the world.
- Compare the emergence, diffusion, and evolution of communication technologies
- Create all elements of a multiplatform media mix plan.
- Evaluate the characteristics of communication technologies
- Compare content types afforded by different communication technologies
- Examine how new technologies affect existing audiences, consumers, and media.
- Analyze the influence of new communication technologies on daily life
- Analyze the influence of new communication technologies on society and culture