COM344 Organizational Communication
Lead Faculty: Mr. Louis E. Rumpf
Provides for the study and application of current theories and research on communication within and among organizations. Includes the study of the influence of management styles on organizational communication. Discussion of communication structure, functions, contexts in organizations, and communication ethics in organizations.
- Discriminate among major organizational communication theories.
- Summarize approaches to organizational socialization.
- Compare approaches to conflict management and emotion in the workplace.
- Compare approaches to organizational decision-making.
- Analyze theories of change and leadership
- Analyze role of workplace diversity and communication processes involving a diverse workforce.
- Distinguish approaches to adoption of communication technologies within organizations.
- Critique scenarios of future organizational change.