Lead Faculty: Mr. Louis E. Rumpf
Introduces learners to the principles, functions, and practices of social influence. Examines how to influence others' attitudes, beliefs, opinions, values, and behaviors through communication. Explores scientifically established principles of persuasion that are used in contemporary media.
- Analyze persuasion concepts and terms.
- Compare approaches of alternative theories to the persuasion process.
- Compare the approaches of theories to social influence.
- Analyze the role of communication settings and levels in the persuasion process.
- Compare persuasion techniques used in interpersonal settings.
- Analyze media messages in terms of their persuasive strategies.
- Apply ethical guidelines to persuasive communication messages and campaigns.