COM315 Communication Research Methods
Lead Faculty: Mr. Louis E. Rumpf
Introduces students to quantitative and qualitative communication research methods to enable them to become competent evaluators, designers, and authors of research. Teaches the fundamental principles of communication research, providing learners with the knowledge base and experience to answer questions in the practice of professional communication.
- Describe the research process.
- Structure research questions and hypotheses.
- Understand the roles of variables in quantitative research.
- Apply appropriate research method designs to gather data.
- Analyze research results.
- Compare qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Create basic research reports.