COM303 Digital Literacy 2.0
Course DescriptionA multidisciplinary course about knowledge management in the 21st Century: tools, acquisition, evaluation, synthesis, formatting, presentation, and sharing. Essential digital skills to participate in the collaborative learning, work, and social environments of Web 2.0.
- Discover information through the use of digital tools.
- Critically evaluate information for accuracy, bias, and reliability by reporting the results of an Internet quest.
- Produce a rich media digital project.
- Develop and maintain a profile on a social networking site.
- Compare Web 2.0 resources (blogs, wikis, and social networking sites), by identifying their relevance, utility, and message factors.
- Create proper in-text citations and bibliographic references in APA and MLA styles, using online source materials.
- Apply copyright laws for using and repurposing digital content.