COM300 Interpersonal Communication
Lead Faculty: Mr. Louis E. Rumpf
Examines the theory and research behind interpersonal communication. Explores communication processes in dyads, small groups, and teams, and in organizational settings. Teaches skills to improve students' communication competence in both personal and professional environments. The course also covers self-awareness, self-disclosure, relational development, and conflict resolution.
- Analyze interpersonal communication.
- Distinguish various interpersonal communication theories and develop an associated vocabulary.
- Create and increase interpersonal communication skills.
- Apply interpersonal communication theories to real life experiences.
- Create and demonstrate communication competence.
- Analyze human communication skills.
- Compose a personal goal statement to improve interpersonal communication.