COM300 Interpersonal Communication
Course DescriptionExamines the theory and research behind interpersonal communication. Explores communication processes in dyads, small groups, and teams, and in organizational settings. Teaches skills to improve studentsandapos; communication competence in both personal and professional environments. The course also covers self-awareness, self-disclosure, relational development, and conflict resolution.
- Analyze interpersonal communication.
- Distinguish various interpersonal communication theories and develop an associated vocabulary.
- Create and increase interpersonal communication skills.
- Apply interpersonal communication theories to real life experiences.
- Create and demonstrate communication competence.
- Analyze human communication skills.
- Compose a personal goal statement to improve interpersonal communication.