COM160 Argumentation and Debate
Lead Faculty: Laine Goldman
Study of the skills in effective argumentation. Examination of the processes of creating and delivering a public argument. Emphasis on the construction of sound argument through research and critical thinking, and decision making.
- Describe the logical fallacies of argumentation.
- Deliver a coherent, logical, and sequenced argument, supported by documentation and evidence.
- Articulate the importance of ethics in constructing and delivering an argument.
- Demonstrate professional and respectful behavior during a debate.
- Prepare a coherent, logical, and sequenced argument, supported by documentation and evidence.