COM103 Public Speaking
Lead Faculty: Laine Goldman
This class is an introduction to the principles and application of speaking effectively to diverse audiences in a variety of settings. Focus is on topic selection, organization, analysis of research, and delivery, with special attention on learning effective delivery skills.
- Select an appropriate speech topic based on the audience and setting
- Develop a key-word outline
- Conduct effective audience analysis
- Show successful research techniques
- Explain how to improve source credibility
- Differentiate between ethos, pathos, and logos
- Provide examples of speaking effectively.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic communication skills.
- Apply critical thinking about communication effectiveness.
- Demonstrate effective methods of content delivery to a group.