ART400 Expressive and Integrative Art
Lead Faculty: Dr. Lee T. Lovallo
Course DescriptionPrepares students to integrate the arts into daily instruction in grade K-8. Emphasis is on recognition of cultural diversity through activities in the arts. Provides basic knowledge of content areas for planning appropriate cross-curricular activities.
- Identify the overlaps and points of connections across the strands.
- Identify and explain styles of dance and theater from a variety of times, places, and cultures.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of dance and theater terminology as found in the CA Standards in the Arts at K-2, 3-5, 6-8 grade levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CA standards in music and visual arts.
- Demonstrate a fluency in acting, directing, stage design, and scriptwriting (plot and action).
- Demonstrate a knowledge of resources in the visual and expressive arts that can be used to enrich classroom experiences at each of the grade level clusters.
- Create artistic and expressive activities that reinforce learning in academic subjects.
- Integrate expressive activities with physical education curriculum.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diverse populations in typical classrooms and knowledge of their customs and celebrations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of teaching and management strategies, both teacher-directed and student-centered .