ART200 Visual Arts
Lead Faculty: Ms. Annette Cyr
Course DescriptionFundamentals of visual arts presented through drawing and other media. Students develop their own creative vision while learning aesthetic values and concepts, as well as how to handle materials. Students supply basic art materials.
- Identify the principal media of the visual arts and describe the typical methods and materials
- Analyze the elements and principles of design employed in the formal structure of selected artworks.
- Compare and contrast the style characteristics of selected works.
- Discuss visual art as a key to understanding human values.
- Compare experiences of visual arts from a variety of perspectives, cultures and eras.
- Employ the language, concepts and methods of interpretive criticism as applicable to visual arts.
- Use basic drawing media with confidence