ARB101 Beginning Arabic II
Lead Faculty: Dr Shak Hanish
Course DescriptionA sequel to the beginning course in modern standard Arabic (MSA). The course includes an introduction to the basic parts of an Arabic sentence and the basic written Arabic phrases for oral and reading comprehension.
- Interpret basic spoken Arabic phrases for oral comprehension.
- Interpret basic written Arabic phrases for reading comprehension.
- Recognize constituent parts of a simple Arabic sentence.
- Use common Arabic terms orally in a situational context.
- Recognize cultural differences between Western and Arabic culture based on materials presented.