ALN 680 Sec/Foreign Lang Assessment
Lead Faculty: Dr. Azita Mokhtari
This course is intended to provide a working knowledge of the basic principles and procedures for test construction and testing within the second language context. Students will learn about a variety of first and second language tests including standardized tests, integrative language tests, discrete-point tests, and tests of communicative competence.
- Have a basic understanding of Second/Foreign Language Assessment.
- Use their gained understanding of Assessment Methods in Applied Linguistics, to develop tests for second/foreign languages.
- Critically analyze approaches and methods in assessment of Second/Foreign Languages.
- Survey traditional and innovative approaches in assessment in field of applied linguistics.
- Evaluate available assessment tools from primary and secondary sources in the field.
- Conduct research in areas of assessment and the intersection of the areas of second language acquisition.