ALN 660 Diachronic Study of Eng Lang
Lead Faculty: Dr. Azita Mokhtari
This course is a historical survey of the English language, as a model for other languages in their diachronic changes. Topics include the origin and derivation of words; historical changes in sounds, forms, and meaning; literary and philosophical influences on the language; and contributions from other languages and cultures.
- Perform research on historical linguistics.
- Use their gained understanding of historical linguistics Pedagogy, to develop activities for teaching second/foreign languages.
- Critically analyze approaches and methods in research on historical linguistics.
- Survey traditional and innovative approaches in research on historical linguistics.
- Evaluate current materials for teaching approaches to historical linguistics from primary and secondary sources in the field.
- Conduct research in areas of historical linguistics; and the intersection of the areas of second language acquisition.