ALN 630 Sec/Foreign Language Method I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Azita Mokhtari
This course provides a survey of theory and practice in the teaching of listening and speaking to non-native learners. An overview of the theoretical and practical issues involved, the theoretical and empirical perspectives are integrated with practical experiences including observation, teaching practices as well as material development/analysis.
- Have a basic understanding of research on Second/Foreign Language Methods re teaching of English as a second/foreign language listening and speaking.
- Use their gained understanding of the Second/Foreign Language Methods, to develop activities for teaching listening and speaking.
- Critically analyze approaches and methods in teaching ESL/EFL to adults re listening and speaking.
- Survey traditional and innovative approaches in second language listening and speaking instruction.
- Evaluate current materials for teaching of second-language from primary and secondary sources in the field of second-language listening and speaking instruction.
- Conduct research in areas of second-language acquisition; and the intersection of the areas of listening, speaking.