ALN 620 Second Language Acquisition
Lead Faculty: Dr. Azita Mokhtari
This course is a survey of the second language acquisition research, and critically examines major hypotheses about the complex variables underlying second language acquisition and the various perspectives that form second language acquisition theories. Selected cases illustrating the relation of second-language acquisition studies to linguistic theory are examined.
- Have a working understanding of research on second-language acquisition re teaching of English as a second/foreign language.
- Use their gained understanding of the second-language acquisition, to develop activities for teaching.
- Critically analyze articles from primary and secondary sources in the field of second-language acquisition.
- Evaluate current materials for teaching of second-language.
- Conduct research in areas of second-language acquisition; and the intersection of the areas of listening, grammar and orthography.