National University accepts applications for admission throughout the year, and with new classes beginning each month, you have several start-date options. In reviewing your application, we consider previous academic record and educational objectives, with no regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, or national or ethnic origin. The approval process usually takes four to six weeks.
Once you submit your online application, you will be issued an Application Identification Number. You will also be matched with an international admissions advisor who will review the application with you and provide a list of required documents for admission into your chosen program. You will be given a login for the Application Portal, where you will upload your completed documents.
The following documents are required:
For Bachelor’s applicants
- Official high school transcripts and mark sheets (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official high school diploma/proof of graduation (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official post-secondary transcripts and diplomas, if applicable (and certified English translations, if applicable)
For Master’s applicants
- All official college/university transcripts and mark sheets (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official college/university diploma(s)/proof of graduation (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- For students not pursuing an academic program, for example students applying to English Language Programs only, no academic records need to be submitted
You must provide proof of English proficiency and a copy of your passport information and expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least six months past your anticipated start term at National University.
Proof of Financial Support
You must also provide an affidavit of financial support, and one of the following:
- Foreign bank: Official bank letter in English with balance of at least $30,000, on bank letterhead with seal, date, and type of account
- U.S. bank: Two consecutive monthly statements from a U.S. bank with a minimum ending balance of $3,333
- Section C of the affidavit of support completed and stamped/signed by your sponsor’s bank
These documents are required for just the initial application review. Further documentation may be required depending on your individual circumstances—for example, if you are already residing in the U.S. and attending another school as an F-1 visa student. Your international admissions advisor will communicate any additional items that may be needed.
Application Fee: $65 and non-refundable. You will be prompted to pay the application fee when you submit your online application.
For any questions, please contact our office:
Office of International Admissions
9388 Lightwave Avenue, 185A
San Diego, CA 92123-7960
Phone: (858) 541-7747
Fax: (858) 541-7791