Scholarships & Grants Funded by National University
National University funds a variety of scholarships and grants. Below is a list of available scholarships and grants funded by National University.
Transfer to Success Scholarship
The Transfer to Success Scholarship is intended for California or Nevada community college students, or students from an approved out-of-state community college, who will enroll at National University directly from community college with the goal of earning a bachelor’s degree. The award will pay up to $5,000 and the admission fee will be credited to the student’s account. No formal scholarship application is required and funds are automatically awarded to qualified students.
To be eligible for this award, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Be in good academic standing at the community college and have an incoming 2.0 grade point average at the time of application to National University
- Have completed at least 30 semester units at an approved community college
- Have completed their last semester at an approved community college within 24 months of applying
- Be formally accepted to the University (All transcripts must be submitted within 30 days of applying)
Transfer to Success Scholarship funds will only be applied toward the tuition cost for academic coursework. The award will cover 50 percent of two courses completed within the first six months, and full tuition for the last two courses in the degree program.
This award applies only to courses governed by the University's standard tuition rate. Good luck in your degree program.
NOTE: Students who qualify for the above scholarship are not eligible to receive other National University provided scholarships. Some federal financial aid, cohort, military or employer tuition reduction or reimbursement programs may affect eligibility. For questions, please contact the Scholarship Department at email@example.com.
Collegiate Honor Award
Tuition scholarships of up to $2,000 are available to students who have demonstrated exceptional scholastic achievement and are in need of financial assistance. To be eligible for this award, applicants must have completed 54 semester units at a U.S. regionally accredited community college or four-year college with an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0. Awards will be credited to students' accounts in increments, up to the maximum of $500 per course. The application form is available online through the student portal.
Military Tuition Scholarship
Military Tuition Scholarships of up to $2,500 are available to military personnel, including active duty, reservists, national guardsmen/ women, their spouses, and their dependents. The scholarship is intended to benefit educationally and economically disadvantaged personnel and their family members who have demonstrated financial need.
For active duty personnel to qualify, they must have exhausted the aggregate amount of their military tuition assistance. In order to determine financial need, an applicant must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be done online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The applicant must also submit a letter describing personal circumstances that make earning an education important. In making the awards, preference will be given to applicants seeking undergraduate degrees. Awards will be credited to a student's account in increments up to a maximum of $500 per course toward tuition.
The application is available online through the student self-service portal. The letter describing personal circumstances should be sent to:
The Office of Scholarships and Special Services
11355 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037–1011
Presidential Tuition Scholarship
Presidential Tuition Scholarships of up to $2,500 are available to undergraduate transfer students in at least one of the following categories:
- Educationally and economically disadvantaged persons who have been historically underrepresented at higher educational institutions (African Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans)
- Single parents with demonstrated financial need
- Persons with a verified disability and financial need
Applicants must also meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below. They must:
- Have an annual income below $18,000 for single applicants or $25,000 for a family of two or more
- Demonstrate a cumulative college grade point average of 2.30 on a 4.00 scale
- Have at least 56 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university
- Apply for federal and state financial aid
- Be an undergraduate student working toward a first bachelor's degree
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
Awards will be credited to students' accounts in increments, up to the maximum of the full cost of tuition per course. The application form is available online through the student portal.
Veterans' Victory Scholarship
National University is grateful to those who have honorably served our country. The Veterans’ Victory Scholarship provides up to $5,000 to assist veteran students succeed in meeting their educational goals. The scholarship offers several different options for qualified students based on either academic or community achievement and financial need.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- A veteran (former service in a branch of the United States Armed Forces).
- A current National University student.
- Submission of the application for Veterans’ Victory Scholarship.
- Submission of two essays describing a) Your academic and career goals (250-500 words), and b) Your need for the scholarship (250-500 words).
- Reference letter from a professor/instructor, advisor, or other professional.
- Submission of a FAFSA.
For further details or an application please click here. If you have questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (858) 541-7780.